Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Get Your Questions Answered!
We know that investing in our franchise is a big decision, and we want to help our franchisees dot their “I”s and cross their “T”s, which is why we have compiled this list of frequently asked questions.
As you prepare to become a Pillar To Post franchisee, read through these questions to learn the answers to some of the most common questions and concerns that our franchisees raise.
We’ve organized this page into 5 easy to navigate categories, so that you can more easily get the information you need:
Don’t see the answer to your question here? Feel free to contact us by phone (1.888.340.8461) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will see how we can help!
Pillar to Post General
What are the top 3 things that make someone a successful Pillar To Post franchisee?
- Desire to learn. We will help you learn how to inspect homes and how to run a home inspection business. You do not need these skills prior to joining us.
- Desire to help others. As a Pillar To Post franchisee, you will spend time networking with Realtors and educating clients as they prepare to turn a house into a home.
- Desire to follow a plan. Pillar To Post has been in business for more than 20 years. Over this time we have developed the ideal business, marketing, and inspection processes to help you grow your franchise. You do not need to reinvent the wheel.
What support will I receive as a Pillar To Post Franchise Partner?
- Pillar To Post provides our franchisees with support through every facet of the business.
- Our new franchisees work with a dedicated Start-Up Business Coach for the first year as you go through our Foundations for Success startup program.
- Our more mature franchisees have the support and guidance from a Regional Business coach who can help you achieve your long-term goals and grow your business to fit the lifestyle your desire.
- We have the systems, tools, and support in place for startup, marketing, IT, home inspection software, and much more, in order to help you be successful.
What makes you different than the competition?
- Our #1 priority is happy, successful franchisees, and we do everything we can to achieve this.
- Pillar To Post is the largest, highest ranked, and most regarded home inspection franchise in North America.
Why did Entrepreneur rank you so high?
- Entrepreneur does their annual Franchise 500 rankings where they compare system size, growth, financial strength, stability, years in franchising, franchisor infrastructure, and number of open and operating units amongst other things.
- Pillar To Post ranks very well in all of these key factors, which led to be ranked #58 out of the 1,000 franchises considered.
- Get more information here.
What is a home inspection?
- A home inspection is examination of the condition of the home, focusing on the main components and safety of the home.
- Our franchisees follow the ASHI standards of practice when performing an inspection.
Do I have to be licensed to be an inspector?
- Each state and province has its own rules and regulations concerning home inspection.
- We have an established learning pathway to ensure our franchisees meet and exceed the requirements of their specific situation.
Is this a full time or part time business?
- This is a full time business. In order to be successful, there must be at least one person dedicating a full time effort.
Do I have to have employees?
- Most of our franchisees start out as individual owner operators, and are able to make a great living for themselves and their families.
- If your goals are to run a larger scale business, we have the system to help you hire employees and grow your business.
Can my spouse (brother, sister, father, mother, etc) be involved in the business?
- We have plenty of family partnerships, including husband/wife, daughter/father, and all sorts of combinations.
- If you are considering a family business, let us know and we can connect you to some of our family business franchise owners.